Do You Need Help?
The Bible tells us that Christians are to “do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith” (Galatians 6:10) and the Purcellville Church of Christ fulfills that command by extending charity to those who are in need. One way that it does so is through the operation of a pantry for the needy living in and around Purcellville; it is stocked by free-will offerings from member families and individuals in keeping with our Lord’s example of feeding the hungry. Our pantry is intended to provide emergency food supplies to our neighbors. Other types of assistance, such as helping the elderly with tasks around the house which they are unable to perform, are also available.
The first step in receiving assistance is to complete an application form. The form will be reviewed and the party requesting help will be contacted thereafter by a member of the church.
Please note the following:
• Recipients may receive assistance from the pantry not more than twice a month.
• Food is boxed for recipients by the church based on a family’s needs.
Boxed food will be picked up at the church’s facility, which is located at 604 Yaxley Drive in Purcellville, unless other arrangements are made in advance.
The process for receiving assistance is as follows:
1. Click on the Benevolence Form link at the bottom of this page. Fill out the online form in its entirety, paying special attention to the required fields that are marked with an *.
2. The requester will be contacted by the church after the form has been received and reviewed.
3. Proof of residency in or close to Purcellville is required to receive assistance. A photo ID is also required and, if you are new to the area, a utility bill with your address on it. We will not ask about household income or any questions not on the form; your information will be kept completely confidential and will not be shared with anyone.
Please click on the Benevolence Form Link below to access the form.